A set of two commemorative postage stamps on the 4th Islamic Scout Conference & 6th Islamic Scout Jamboree, Islamabad :
Issued by Pakistan
Issued on Aug 23, 1992
Issued for : To commemorate the 4th Islamic Scout Conference and 6th Islamic Scout Jamboree, Pakistan Post Office is issuing a set of two commemorative postage stamps of Rs. 6/- each denomination on August 23, 1992.
Designers : Ilyas Ahmed Jillani (PSPC)
Type : Stamps, Postal Used
Denomination : Re. 6/- each design
Colour : Multi colour
Size of Stamp : 26 x 41 mm
Size of Print : 22 x 37 mm
Perforation : 14 C
Quantity : 2 million each design
Number of stamps in a sheet : 36 stamps (9 x 4 rows)
Process of Printing : Litho Offset
Printers : Pakistan Security Printing Corporation
- The idea of holding of 4th Islamic Scout Conference and 6th Islamic Scout Jamboree in Pakistan in 1991 was conceived after attending the 3rd Islamic Scout Conference and 5th Islamic Scout Jamboree in August, 1989 in Oman, Jordan in which the Conference authorities entrusted the task of holding the above events in Pakistan.
- Previous Conferences and Jamborees were held separately.
1st Islamic Scout Jamboree – 21-27 January, 1982 Qatar
2nd Islamic Scout Jamboree – 02-10 September, 1983 Libya
3rd Islamic Scout Jamboree – 14-24 August, 1984 Algeria
4th Islamic Scout Jamboree – 02-10 October, 1987 Egypt
5th Islamic Scout Jamboree – 01-10 August, 1989 Jordan
1st Islamic Scout Conference, 1982 Qatar
2nd Islamic Scout Conference, 1987 Egypt
3rd Islamic Scout Conference, 1989 Jordan
- During the Three previous Islamic Scout Conference, Scout officials from Muslim countries have endeavoured to form an International platform to activate and coordinate the activities of Muslim Scouts, around the world with a view to bring Muslim youths together. In the last Islamic Conference at Amman, Jordan, an organised International Union of Muslim Scouts an Executive Committee of the IUMS comprising members from Pakistan, Jordan, Algeria, Qatar, Palestine, Senegal along with Dr. Abdullah Omar Naseef, Secretary General Rabita Alam–e–Islami as its Chairman was formed to organize and pursue the International Union of Muslims Scouts objectives. Members of IUMS is open to Scout Association from all Muslim countries of OIC and recognized muslim Scout Associations in non-Muslim countries.
- The Headquarters of the International Union of Muslim Scouts at Rabita Alam-e-Islamic Building, situated in Makkah Mukkarama.
- Pakistan Boy Scouts Association in collaboration with the International Union of Muslim Scouts (IUMS) is organising the 4th Islamic Scout Conference and 6th Islamic Scout Jamboree from August 22-30, 1992 at International Islamic University, Islamabad and Sumbol Park, National Headquarters, Pakistan Boy Scouts Association, Islamabad respectively. More than 40 Muslims countries are participating including the countries of Muslim Majority in the world. These events are of greater importance for the Muslims get to gather in particular. More than one thousand scouts and Scout Leaders from OIC countries other Muslim Scouts Association are expected to participate.
- The President and Chief Scout of Pakistan has already given host consent to inaugurate the 4th Islamic Scout conference at International Islamic University, Islamabad.
- The Prime Minister of Pakistan will inaugurate the 6th Islamic Scout Jamboree at Sumbol Park, National Headquarters of the Pakistan Boy Scouts Association.
- The venue of the conference, Islamabad the capital city of Pakistan is located against the backdrop of the Margalla Hills at the northern end of the Photohar plateau. In contrast to its twin city Rawalpindi, it is a lush green specious and peaceful.
- The Jamboree site of the 6th Islamic Scouts is situated near Aabpara, the famous place of the Islamabad the site measures 35 Acres of land with newly constructed National Headquarters of the Pakistan Boy Scouts Association with all possible facilities.
- Eleven national Jamborees of Pakistan have so far been held for which the Postal authorities had almost issued the commemorative postal stamps, First Day Covers and leaflets.
- (Contributed by: Pakistan Boy Scouts Association, Islamabad).
- Issued by Director General, Pakistan Post Office, Islamabad.
No Comments Yet