A commemorative postage stamp on the Centenary of The Trained Nurses Association of India (TNAI) :
Issued on Sep 30, 2011
Issued for : India Post is happy to issue a commemorative postage stamp on The Trained Nurses Association of India, thereby honouring these silent and dedicated workers.
Stamp/FDC : Kamleshwar Singh
Cancellation : Alka Sharma
Type : Stamp, Mint Condition
Colour : Multi colour
Denomination : 500 Paise
Stamps Printed : 0.3 Million
Printing Process : Wet Offset
Printer : Security Printing Press, Hyderabad
- The Trained Nurses Association of India (TNAI) established in 1908 is a national organisation of nursing professionals at different levels. The main objectives are –
• to uphold the dignity and honour of the nursing profession;
• to promote team spirit;
• to advance professional, educational, economic and general welfare of nurses;
- A non-sectoral, non-political body, TNAI has come a long way, from being a small group of inspired women to an association that represents trained nurses, student nurses, auxiliary nurses and female health supervisors. The Association works at improving the skills of health professionals through education, assuring their status and standing in society as skilled service providers, and looking after their interests in every way, so that the spirit of Florence Nightingale lives on even today as young women and men are inspired to dedicate their lives to selfless service.
- In the years since its establishment, collaboration with agencies such as UNICEF, WHO, European Commission, Swedish International Development Nurses Federation, Commonwealth Secretariat, UNFPI, International Council, have all been immensely rewarding.
- TNAI celebrated its centenary in 2008. With an eye on the future, The Trained Nurses Association of India is working towards the setting up of a Central institute of Nursing & Research that would coordinate and take forward the excellent efforts of nursing institutions and service centres. As modern science devotes itself to the battle against disease and illness, the pivotal role of skilled professionals in the field of nursing and health care is revealed with greater clarity. The objective is to take the quality of nurses and nursing skills to ever-higher standards with far reaching impact on overall health care available to all in the country.
- Text : Based on the material provided by the proponent.