A Miniature Sheet consisting of 2 nos of commemorative postage stamps on Children‘s Day 2007 : The Magic of the Night :
Issued by India
Issued on Nov 14, 2007
Issued for : The Department of Posts is happy to celebrate the spirit of innocence by releasing this set of two postage stamps, miniature sheet, first day cover and three maxim cards designed by children on “Children’s Day”.
Stamp : Kum. Swarali V. Bhakare and B. Karthick
Miniature Sheet : Master Pradhan Karnik
FDC : Raj Ballav Hazarika
Maxim Card : Sankar Dinesh Kamath, Jyotirmay Biswas and Riti Sodhi
Cancellation : Alka Sharma
Type : Miniature Sheet, Mint Condition
Colour : Multi colour
Denomination : 500 Paise each
Stamps Printed : 0.8 Million each
Miniature Sheet : 0.1 Million
Printing Process : Wet Offset
Printer : Security Printing Press, Hyderabad
- Children are God’s greatest gifts to mankind. Their pure innocence, pristine thoughts and bubbling enthusiasm lend a unique flavour to life. The wondrous eyes of a child perceive with crystal clear honesty the myriad hues of nature and its bounties. To a child, the world is pure magic. Each day to a child unfolds a new secret, a new joy which the child rushes to embrace with outstretched arms.
- Children’s Day is celebrated every year on the 14th of November. This day also coincides with the birthday of India’s first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru fondly called ‘Chacha Nehru‘ by children.
- The Department of Posts commemorates Children’s Day every year by bringing out stamps designed by the children themselves. The stamp designs are selected by holding an All India Stamp Design Competition. The theme for the Stamp Design Competition this years was “The Magic of the Night“. The competition elicited great response and the entries revealed beautifully the flight of a child’s fantasy.
- This year’s stamps are based on painting made by Kum. Swarali V. Bhakare, Class IV, Annasaheb Raje Bhosale, Primary School, Satara, Maharashtra and B. Karthick, Class VIII, T.E.L.C., Middle School, Pudukottai, Tamil Nadu which won the first prizes in Group I and Group II respectively. Miniature sheet is based on the painting made by Master Pradhan Karnik, Class IX, Kendriya Vidyalaya, NAL Campus, Jeevan Bhimanagar, Bangalore, Karnataka which won the first prize in Group Ill.
- The design of the First Day Cover is based on painting by Raj Ballav Hazarika, Class XII, K.V. Narangi School, Assam APS, which won the second prize in Group Ill of the competition. The three Maxim Cards are based on paintings by Master Sankar Dinesh Kamath, Class Ill, Bhavan’s Vardna Vidyalaya, Thirkakkara, Earnakulam, Kerala, second prize winner in group I and Jyotirmay Biswas, Class VIII, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Kalyani, Nadia, West Bengal, second prize winner in Group II and Riti Sodhi, Class XII, Delhi Public School, Ranipur, Sector-3, BHEL, Ranipur, Haridwar (UA), Uttarakhand, third prize winner in Group Ill.
- The painting reveal the inner working of a child’s mind and what magic it weaves in the phenomena of night, seeing it through its wide eyed innocence.
No Comments Yet