A commemorative postage stamp on the 20th Grand Confectionery Fair, Tokyo :
Issued by Japan
Issued on Feb 24, 1984
Issued for : A 60 yen postage stamp will be issued on February 24, 1984 to commemorate Japan‘s 20th Grand Confectionery Fair.
Design : Emblem of Confectionery Fair.
Type : Stamp, Postal Used
Colour : Multicolour
Denomination : 60 yen
Size of impression : 22.5 mm x 33.0 mm
Quantity issued : 30,000,000 stamps
- Japan‘s Grand Confectionery Fair was first held in 1911 and this year marks the 20th holding of the fair.
- The fair is being held under the sponsorship of Japan‘s Grand Confectionery Association in Tokyo under the theme of “Confectionery – a true world language“. The fair will be based on the multifarious variety and cultural tradition of Japanese confectionery and will
- realize the dreams and expectations of consumers and of children in particular (children’s dreams)
- disseminate knowledge of the rich culture and the tradition of Japanese confectionery (traditional art and culture)
- advance the spread of Japanese confectionery throughout the world (internationalization)
- The fair will be held from February 24 (Fri.) until March 12 (Mon.) at Meiji Jingu Gaien (9, Kasumigaoka, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo). About three million people are expected to visit the fair.
No Comments Yet