A commemorative postage stamp on the World Summit for Children, held in United Nations Headquarters, New York City, 29-30 September 1990 :
Issued by Pakistan
Issued on Sep 29, 1990
Issued for : To commemorate the occasion Pakistan Post Office is issuing a commemorative postage stamp of Rs. 7/- denomination on the eve of World Summit for Children on September 29, 1990.
Designer : Adil Salahuddin (PSPC)
Type : Stamp, Postal Used
Denomination : Rs. 7/-
Colour : Multi colour
Size of Stamp : 50.8 x 32.5 mm
Size of Print : 46 x 28 mm
Perforation : 13C
Paper : 102 gsm dual purpose coated PVA gum
Quantity : One million
Number of stamps in a sheet : 25 (5 x 5 rows)
Process of Printing : Litho Offset
Printers : Pakistan Security Printing Corporation
- The World Summit for Children is going to be held in New York on 29-30 September, 1990. The purpose of the Summit is to mobilize political commitment at the highest level to achieve targets by the year 2000 for child survival, protection and development. Pakistan initiated this Summit alongwith Canada, Egypt, Mali, Mexico and Sweden.
- The Summit is a historic gathering of over 100 Heads of State/Government to pledge themselves, their nations and governments, to afford children their birth rights. It provides an opportunity to identify the needs of children and to work in unison towards the reduction of infant mortality; assurance of maternal health; provision of safe water supply; protection of children against abuse and hazards; their assistance in difficult circumstances; their wholesome growth and preparation for an economically productive and socially responsible life.
- The Summit intends to put children high and firmly on the agenda of the 1990s giving them ‘first call’ on the world’s conscience and resources in good times or bad, war or peace. It provides an impetus for ratification of Convention on the Rights of the Child, a historic legal codification of society’s responsibilities to children, adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 1989. The Government of Pakistan has recently decided to sign and ratify this U.N. Convention.
- Pakistan is committed to promote total development of all children as who welfare of the disadvantaged and disabled. Non-Government Organisations concerned are motivated and assisted by government to share and supplement its efforts towards survival, protection and development of children. The stamp symbolises the deep interest, close concern and dedicated commitment of Pakistan to the cause of children.
- (Contributed by: National Commission for Child Welfare and Development, Special Education & Social Welfare Division, Government of Pakistan, Islamabad).
- Issued by The Director General, Pakistan Post Office, Islamabad.
No Comments Yet