A commemorative postage stamp on the Golden Jubilee of Madhav Institute of Technology and Science (MITS), Gwalior (1957-2007) :
Issued by India
Issued on Jun 30, 2008
Issued for : India Post is pleased to commemorate “Madhav Institute of Technology & Science, Gwalior” by issuing a postage stamp.
Stamp & FDC : Brahma Praksh
Cancellation : Alka Sharma
Type : Stamp, Mint Condition
Colour : Multi colour
Denomination : 500 Paise
Stamps Printed : 0.8 Million
Printing Process : Wet–offset
Printer : Security Printing Press, Hyderabad
- Microwave Engineering in Electronics Department, Bio-tech in Biotechnology Department and Urban Management in Architecture Planning Department are the latest additions to the Institute. The Institute also conducts Ph.D. programme in various disciplines of Engineering and Science such as Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, CSE & IT, MCA etc. The Institute also has a credit of enrolling a total number of 30 students for the research programme out of which 4 students have submitted their papers.
- During its glorious 50 years of service to the country it introduced the following Under graduate and Postgraduate courses:
Under graduate Courses (B.E.) : Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Computer Science Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Bio-Technology, Mechanical Engineering.Postgraduate Courses (M.E.) : Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering), (Construction Technology and Management), (Public Health Engineering), Electronics Engineering (Microwave), (CCN), Electrical Engineering (Industrial System Drive), (Measurement and Control), Mechanical Engineering (Material Handling), (Production), Architectural Engineering (Urban Development), Bio-Tech Engineering, Master in Computer Applications.
- The Institute is growing steadily and has student strength of 2500 in the campus under different graduate and postgraduate programmes.
- The human resources generated by the Institute are well accepted at national and international level such as NASA, Microsoft reputed universities of USA and E.U.
- The graduates of MITS, Gwalior scaled heights in government organizations such as Union Public Service Commission, Armed Forces, Indian Space Research Organization, Aeronautical Development Establishment, SIDBI, Airport Authority of India Ltd., Indian Railways, BSNL, SAIL, etc.
- Even the corporate world has a significant presence of alumni of the Institute.
- Text : As per the material provided by the proponent.
No Comments Yet